Jeff would really enjoy meeting with you personally and answering any questions you might have about his work, his background, policies and decisions by phone or in person. Even better would be to meet with you and a group of your friends and family. Just send an email and we can set a place and time.
(If you are personally involved in a pending case, then you should contact the DA’s Office rather than the campaign as those communications must be kept separate. The district attorney cannot ethically meet with Defendants without their counsel present.)
His wife Angela is a graduate of North Georgia State University in Dahlonega and is a 6th grade teacher. They have been married for 32 years and have two children and two beautiful grandchildren. Their son Brandon is married to Ann Marie Whitener of Blueridge and he pastors St. Rose Baptist Church in New Orleans. Their daughter, Kristie Langley Matthews is a teacher and assistant director at the Catalyst Christian Learning Center in Cleveland, Georgia and is married to Parker Mathews, the Youth Minister at Poplar Springs Baptist Church.
His father was raised on the family farm, fought in the Pacific in WW2 and became a railroad worker. Jeff was the youngest of four children, played youth baseball, basketball, football and high school soccer and was the first person in his family to graduate college and then went on to graduate law school. He worked various jobs to pay his own way through college and then received an academic scholarship to law school. He served for almost three months as a short-term missionary on the edge of the Amazon basin in Peru. He served an internship for conservative Senator Sam Nunn on Capitol Hill and went on to study the connection between theology and international Human rights at the University of Strasbourg, France. He is a proud Georgia Bulldog receiving both his undergraduate and his law degree from UGA. He runs/jogs regularly, hikes, kayaks and plays tennis occasionally, and enjoys reading and teaching apologetics, and loves Georgia football, Braves Baseball and the North Georgia Mountains.
His foremost commitment is as an imperfect follower of Jesus Christ and then as a husband, father and citizen.
Jeff has been actively involved in community education, youth activities and Christian ministries throughout his life.
· Has served for 30 years in local church ministry, serving as Sunday School teacher, adult Bible teacher, Deacon, VBS teacher, mission team leader, Bible Reading Project Leader, guest preaching and Youth Ministry Leader.
· Has coached youth baseball and soccer and served a soccer referee. He has also briefly reviewed techniques with the high school mock trial teams and been a regular judge at the student speech contests in Towns and Union counties.
· Served as short term missionary with South America Mission in Peru in South America.
· Member of Reasons To Believe, apologetics ministry.
· Have played a role in the founding of four mission churches.
· Currently serves on the Board of Visitors for Truett-McConnell University and has taught there as an adjunct professor.
· Is certified by the Georgia State Bar as a mentor for new attorneys and has served as the designated mentor for 9 young attorneys.
· Through the DA’s Office, sponsored dozens of college student internships for local students.
· Has taught dozens of classes for local law enforcement, the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and the State Arson Investigator’s Association and been a regular speaker in local schools and taught a continuing education class for the Prosecuting Attorney’s Council of Georgia.
· Has regularly sponsored and personally taught public education courses concerning Child Sexual Abuse Prevention.
Jeff is a true conservative, a Republican and committed to preserving and defending the Constitution. He is pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro-free enterprise and of course pro-law and order. He voted for Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020. But, Jeff is fundamentally a Prosecutor not a Politician.